Parallel Final

Blog Reflection 1

TECHNOLOGY:
One of the new online programmes  I have used the most is SlideShare for uploading my PPT. This is becoming more important for me as during the planning for our opening sequence we have to make lots of PPTs for a lot of our research, e.g. audience research. I have also used Prezi (once shown on the blog) for my Prelim task. I have tried to use it on other occasions to and am currently making one for my Marketing Research, however I do find is slightly confusing and I am definitely more comfortable using PowerPoint. I am planning to try more technologies in the future such as E-Maze. Recently I have been experimenting with Premiere a lot for titles for our film so have been looking at the different fonts available and sizes that would work, etc. During my Juno edit, Sam and I used a cartoon-like effect which we found on our own which is quite cool. Also, I found out how to put the whole sequence in black and white which was useful for my Prelim task. We are also going to use a cloning effect that Max will teach us to do which we will use in our final task.

MARK OUT OF 20:
I think I would maybe get 15/16 out of 20 at the moment. I think I need to go into more detail with certain things and extend my analysis, however it is all organised and I have good time management. All the tasks are completed and the majority are very detailed.

PARTS WHERE I COULD BE MORE THOROUGH OR LESS COMPLACENT?
I could be more thorough in my analysis of my titles research. I also could go into more depth in my representations.

IS IT FUN TO LOOK THROUGH?
I think it is fun to look through as there are many pictures and PPTs instead of just text. I have also put it with a white font which I think is more interesting than just a white background and black text. I change the style of my blog quite regularly to make it more interesting. I do need to add some more pictures to break up the text.

IS THE LEARNING JOURNEY EVIDENT?
I would say that it is very evident as looking at my first ever editing task to looking at my prelim task, a lot has improved. Although my prelim was not perfect, since then I have gradually become more skillful with programmes such as Premiere. I have picked up on all the theories and types of institutions. Hopefully my learning journey will become even more evident after finishing my final opening sequence.

TARGETS:
I think I need to link my film opening idea to the conventions of the genre more. Also I need to improve my knowledge of all the different theories and finally make my blog perhaps a little more visual.